If you are a frequent traveler and unable to take care of your plants, then you don’t need to worry about such aspects when it comes to lemon cypress tree. It is an evergreen plant that requires sufficient sunlight for 5 to 6 hours a day, and bingo! It is good to go. The people are offered a wide variety of it that enables them to keep it wherever they want.
But it will be suggested to keep your lemon cypress plant at the spot where there is sufficient sunlight is present. Such plants need sunlight to thrive in numerous weather or season changes. Buyers don’t need to water it often as they need to water it when the soil appears dry. There is no specific requirement that lemon cypress is present that ensures more straightforward maintenance.
There is no necessity to hire a professional gardener to look after it. The experts are suggesting people replot it every 3 to 4 years. However, it is a slow-growing plant, but it can be transformed into 16 feet tall tree. But the main question is, does it get affected by humidity and temperature changes? Let’s uncover it below. Take a look: –
The temperature and humidity regarding lemon cypress: –
- The lemon cypress is a plant or shrub that prefers staying in moist climates that are cool enough for their survival. A temperature of more than 80 degrees Fahrenheit in the dry areas can tax such a plant, and a temperature lower than 20 degrees Fahrenheit can cause multiple damage or death of it.
- But in colder climates, an adequate shelter for such plants can be sunlight that can prevent them from cold winds that can quickly burn the needles present in them. The experts are suggesting people prefer USDA zones that are 7-10.
- If you plan to use it as a houseplant, then such plant needs to be kept at a place where there is sufficient sunlight and humidity. It can help it stay moist during the extreme winters that are better for its survival.
- Using a humidifier or misting elements can be a great idea to opt for that ensures the healthier state of such a plant. However, these points show that lemon cypress needs sufficient temperature and humidity for survival.
The fertilizer and pruning: –
- The experts aren’t suggesting people regarding fertilizing shrub. The lemon cypress is proficient in adapting easier survival in infertile soil conditions. The rich soils are competent in causing uneven growth resulting in unstable and weird tree growth.
- Constant pruning maintenance is needed when lemon cypress is used as bonsai or a hedge. In such cases, it needs to be done attentively, and the most considered isn’t capable of bearing the hard pruning.
Lemon cypress is an evergreen plant and offers people impressive traits and a lemony scent. The main benefit is that people don’t need to be more attentive towards caring measures.