Sea Lions are part of your daily life when you live on the Galapagos Islands. They are everywhere and you cannot escape. And you don’t want to. Those creatures are so cute whether they are sleeping in the sun or playing with you while snorkeling.
San Cristobal Island and
Isabela are the best islands to see sea lions. In 2.5 months on the islands, I never got sick of observing them and took more sea lion photos than I am able to count. So here are ten photos of lazy sea lions (and me):
1. Those sea lions are laying on one of the most beautiful beaches on San Cristobal Island: on Cerro Brujo Beach
2. When you go to the Muelle (pier) there are always some sea lions hanging around. Those made themselves comfortable of the stairs.
3. Is this sea lion sleeping in the water? It seemed like it.
4. Sometimes I want to be a sea lion, they just seem to be able to sleep everywhere.
5. This one looks really cute, doesn’t it?
6. Those two sea lions walked all the way from the end of the old pier to this bridge. Then they just lay down to relax a bit. The short walk was too much effort to keep going.
7. Good night my friend…With this weather a nap is probably the best idea
8. A daily picture when walking along the Malecón of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
9. My favorite sea lion photo is this one:
10. And sometimes you just have to join them and have a nap on the beach:
Which photo do you like most?