Apart from writing posts myself, I love reading what other travellers experience during their trips. These posts inspire me to travel even more and try to make the best out of my life. That is why every two weeks I want to share my top posts with you. I divide my favourite posts of the week in the categories: Wanderlust, Photography/Video, Inspiration/General Travel Talk, Food and German posts. This week you shouldn’t miss reading the following travel inspiration articles:
Top Posts Category Wanderlust:
- Amsterdam City Profile by The Travel Chica: Useful information on how to get around and what to do in Amsterdam
- Your Guide to Visiting Rhodes by Flashpacking around the World: Everything you need to know about Rhodes & some nice photos
- Visit the Philippines: 10 reasons this should be your next destination by The Planet D: So many people have been doting on the Philippines lately and so do Dave and Deb of Planet D, here are their 10 reasons why you should visit the islands
Top Posts Category Photography/Video:
- Petra: Jordan’s most famous tourist site I knew nothing about by C’est Christine: Stunning photos of Petra
- Portrait Photography: Overcoming the Fear of Asking by Jack & Jill: Jack & Jill wrote about a fear I wanna overcome as well. It’s weird, why is it so hard to ask someone to only take a picture…I mean seriously what can happen when you ask…they can either say yes or no and then…you either have a good shot or won’t see this person again. But anyway on my next trip abroad I will give the same promise: “Ask one person for a photo each day” and I think it will be easier over time
- Life in Flip Flops: Saying Goodbye to Summer in El Nido, Philippines (Part 2) by Filipina in Flip Flops: Filipina leaves the Philippines and shares her favourite water photos with us
- Photos From My Favorite Hikes Around the World by Landlopers: Such a diversified range of stunning photos, you have to see them!
Top Posts Category Inspiration/ General Travel Talk:
- Inca Trail Preparation and Packing List by Holiday Nomad: A very helpful post about what to consider before hiking the Inca Trail
- Volunteering with Children Abroad: the Issues You Should Know by Flora the Explorer: Interesting post about the not so easy issues you maybe have to face when volunteering with children, you should read the post when you plan on volunteering with children, Flora made a lot of good arguments and comments on the topic
- TEDx: The Importance Of Following Your Dreams by Off the path: A few weeks ago, his post about following his dreams has been part of my travel inspiration posts already. This week Sebastian posted a video of his TEDx talk in Bulgaria. Please take these 16 minutes and listen to his speech, these 16 minutes are so much worth it and will motivate you a lot!
- Keep pushing on – how walking the Camino touched my life by Andalucia Diary: I totally believe Andrew when he says he had tears in his eyes when arriving in Santiago de Compostela, it must be an incredible feeling to arrive there and achieving to hike this long way.
- A Little Confession … Yes, Sometimes Travel is Lonely by A little adrift: Very melancholic post on the feeling of loneliness you sometimes experience when travelling solo
- 5 Ways to Live Like a Local by Travel & Escape: Tips on what to do when you want to experience a place like a local
- The Complete Guide to Workaway by Vicky Flip Flop Travels: Everything you need to know when you plan on going abroad with workaway
Top Post Category Food:
- 5 Best Food Fight Festivals in Spain by As we travel: I love Spain for its crazyness…It must be so much fun to take part in one of these fod fight festivals
Top Posts Category German:
- So teuer ist Norwegen wirklich + Tipps zum Geldsparen by Bruder Leichtfuss: He gives advice on how to save money in Norway. I know the problem as I have been there earlier this year. I thought Australia is expensive, but no way, Norway is even worse. So take Bruder Leichtfuss’s advice to heart to save money in Norway
- USA Roadtrip – Ostküste oder Westküste? by Weltreiseblog: The highlights of the East and West Coast of the USA
- Flammendes Orange im Valle de la Luna, Chile by Blickgewinkelt: I do not have to say much: Have a look at Inka’s photos and enjoy the beauty of the Valle de la Luna in Chile
Did you enjoy this post and would love to receive more travel-related advice? Subscribe to my monthly newsletter and never miss a post by checking off the box Post Updates.